beside my post about OpenSSL updates, there has been no or little time to update this blog in the past month. There are some interesting OpenSource projects I had been involved.
Regarding my voluntary work with the Indy Project I am glad to announce that I was invited to join the Indy Mercury Team: Since Nov 2009 I am now part of Indy’s so called steering committee too (next to the Core Team where the development takes place).
In Addition my company became a Intel Software Partner and an Embarcadero Technology Partner.
Last but not least I had been working on other OpenSource projects too:
- THtmlViewer which is the successor of the well-known HTMLViewer components for Delphi (previously sold by PBear.com)
- GNU Gettext for Delphi (dxgettext)
- The Delphi Encryption Compendium (5.2) available at Torry.net
Now, in the next weeks I am going to blog especially about:
- Some backports of UI behaviour for older Delphi Versions (like native Cursors and Hints/Tooltips)
- Some tricky bugs I chased in Indy (topics will cover Winsock EADDRINUSE, IPv6 and Nagle)
- A patch I committed for dxgettext: changing embedded translations behaviour from absolute file offsets to relative positions which allows using i.e. EXE compressors like UPX while still being able to attach embedded translations
- A fork of David Polberger’s (and JEDI’s) JvLinkLabel I am currently creating
- Probably the upcoming Delphi Tage 2010 in Berlin, Germany (national Delphi Days)
So stay tuned, more to come!
Edited 04/24/2010 (Typos)